POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Re: Running POV from another app without the editor coming up in the Windows Ve= : Re: Running POV from another app without the editor coming up in the Windows Ve= Server Time
1 Jul 2024 01:13:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Running POV from another app without the editor coming up in the Windows Ve=
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 27 Feb 2003 16:23:33
Message: <3e5e81d5@news.povray.org>
In article <Xns### [at] 204213191226> , Tom Galvin
<tom### [at] imporg>  wrote:

> This has become a frequent request. There have been several custom
> compliles of a console mode version for windows, and at least one gui
> extension.  Would the team consider providing a official console mode
> version with the next bugfix release?  Follow ups set to povray.windows

Well, while it isn't my decision (for Windows), I think it isn't a good idea
to provide this as an official version.  It far too easily opens the door to
abuse, and those few who say they need it most of the time don't really know
why they _don't_ need it.  They simply didn't read in the manual carefully
enough to know how to achieve 99% of what they want with the GUI version
only version already.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde